Sunday 28 September 2008

Rachel Told Not To Play Victim

Simon Cowell and X Factor hopeful Rachel Hylton come to blows on this week's boot camp episode of the show.The argument centres around Hylton's rendition of Snow Patrol's 'Chasing Cars', of which Cowell says: "That performance will not work on this show. It's fine you slowed the piano down but what you started to do was ruin that song."Hylton fires back: "Can I defend myself? It's so easy for you to sit there. For everyone who stands up here I have to defend our position. [I] have practiced and practiced and I know I know this song."However, Cowell refuses to let her finish, stating: "I don't need you telling me what I should or shouldn't be saying. Rachel, don't ruin it for yourself here, you are beginning to ruin it for yourself. "Yes stand up for yourself, but don't play the victim. We have invited you all here, I understand the pressure you are under so don't use that as an excuse. You cocked up the arrangements and I don't want to see you do it again."One of us has to work with you. You have to listen as we are trying to help you."The first boot camp show airs on Saturday on ITV1 at 7.45pm. The second part follows on Sunday at 7pm.

No comments: